Sunday, September 22, 2024

Dynamite!!

 Have you ever heard a dynamite blast in real not in reel??

Well, my first one goes back to me being in class 2 to 4. Exactly which std I was I don't remember. We went to see a theatre performance in Jajpur. I guess that was my first theatre show and at mid of the show there was this blast injuring a few people and we were running out of that place. My family and one of my father's colleague's family went together. What an incident??

The next one is even more surprising and horrific. It was in Jamalpur. They used to blast Kalipahar with dynamites and we could see and hear it from our classrooms. I think I was in 7th when this incident happened. We used to have unit test on every Monday. So, only on Mondays our break timings used to shift by half an hour late. My classroom at that time was on the fourth floor of the main building. 

That was a Monday and as usual we had half an hour left for our break to start. Suddenly a bomb exploded and entire building was shaking. The noise was too loud and we were all so frightened. Our teacher went out leaving us in classroom. Not sure but I guess it was miss Godbole. When she returned, she informed there was a blast in the toilet downstairs. Our toilet used to be in a separate building adjacent to the main building. One side it was for girls and other side for boys. Behind the toilet was a building where college going students used to come for courses such as stenography. Someone kept that dynamite in boys toilet. 

Thank God it was a Monday and the timings did not match with our break time. So, non of us were injured. But our principal Sister Nilima called up police and army. They were parading in our school campus after a few mins from that incident. Buses were called and we were made to leave immediately. Can anyone forget this??  There are more to this from my stay in Munger, Bihar in that period. Hopefully I will write that soon. 

These are incidents that will never erase from memory. Though now it makes me laugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...