Sunday, September 1, 2024

Sarve bhabantu shukhina!!

 

Om Sarve Bhavantu Sukhinah

Sarve Santu Niraamayaah |

Sarve Bhadraanni Pashyantu

Maa Kashcid-Duhkha-Bhaag-Bhavet |

Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||


Meaning:

1: Om, May All be Happy,

2: May All be Free from Illness.

3: May All See what is Auspicious,

4: May no one Suffer.

5: Om Peace, Peace, Peace.

In Mahima Dharma,

There is a prayer in Odia which translates it's meaning as below,

Bipada nuhai bipada kebe

Sampada nuhai sampada bhabe

Bibhu ku bhulile milai dukha

Bibhu sumarane milai sukha

Saburi kalyana kare kamana

Nibara saburi roga Jatana

Sukhare rahantu sakala bhabe

Dukha bhagi kehi na heu labhe

This song my parents taught us since childhood.

During COVID time, once we two friends were talking and she told me "today I understand why we pray this every day. I never realised why I needed to pray for all but at this pandemic I can clearly understand how wellbeing of everyone is essential. "


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...