Friday, September 13, 2024

One funny incident from my first Ganesh Puja!!

 This is the first ever Ganesh puja that I remember from my childhood. I was in Lkg  probably and we lived in Pradeep that time. My younger brother was about the age of 1.5 to 2yrs of age. On the eve of Ganesh puja my school was celebrating it and only kids were invited.

My brother wanted to accompany me and so he went along. In our prayer hall teachers made us to sit in a row and he was sitting just behind me. After the puja was done we all bowed to god. When I turned back, my brother was not there. I searched for him but couldn't find. I went to main gate and stood there looking for him.

Almost all kids went but still I could not see him. Tears in my eyes, I was standing there. My rickshaw puller came there as he didn't see us for so long. Now me and my rickshaw puller were searching my brother. We went from one classroom to other, enquired all teachers and then went to meet principal. Still no luck. 

Finally after a long search my rickshaw puller said, let's go home. I will come back and look for him. Thus, with a heavy heart we both came to the rickshaw. 

Guess what? My brother was sitting in that rickshaw smiling at me. I still remember that blue dress that he wore that day. Then we came back home. After meeting mom went to my father's bank and even did puja there. This fellow made my first Ganesh puja memorable. Though except one girl I don't even remember any of my classmates name. 

Gone are those childhood days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...