Thursday, September 5, 2024

Have you ever lived in a haunted house??

 This one is very interesting πŸ˜‚

When my father got transferred to Munger after my 5th std, we had so many interesting memories of that period. 

It was my first flight and brothers as well. Only my parents would have travelled before.  From Kolkata we boarded train to Jamalpur. We travelled through a tunnel for the first time. I saw real horses on the streets and Tanga(horse carts) here. People looking like goons from Sholey is also a common site. 

When we reached Munger, the quater that previous manager lived, we continued. But, it was in middle of market. Lot of noise and lots of powercut. 

Our school was in Jamalpur about 7 to 10 kms from Munger. There were around 10 Odia families in both these places. One uncle (father's colleague) searched a house for us and we shifted to Jamalpur. 

It was a small house with a courtyard in middle. It had a tubewell in it. Our owner was a magistrate in another district. His elder brother and mother lived in a house in the same row. His mother used to visit our house daily and loved my mother. Even our owner and his wife liked us and used to get gifts every time they came here. They use to stay in house above ours which was locked  and we didn't had access to balcony or terrace. 

This house had railway track in the roof to hang fans. Unusual but it was common for that place. Our owners wife liked me too much. She took me to Satsang(my first ever) along with her. In Diwali Puja, she called me to do for them as they had two sons but no daughters. 

Later we got to know that the previous family that lived before us, the lady of the house had killed her husband. She was working and had 3 kids. Oneday along with her friends she poisoned him. But, Bihar being Bihar poison didn't work. Only the man could not see properly. So, they took him to the balcony and pulled a railway track on his throat and stood on it. After this they fled the place. Couldn't believe we lived there. Still we never experienced anything.

But then there was this TV show "Thehkikat",all of us liked detective serial so we used to watch. In one episode they showed how a person used to create these paranormal activities to not let anyone occupy a vacant flat. He used to move chairs by magnets and some other stuff. My mother and brother got too scared. We all were frightened but both of them scared too much. My youngest brother, me and my father were some what better in handling that situation. 

Since, power cuts was very common to that place and if transformer exploded it was like 6 months in darkness with just the DG backup, we were scared. Entering kitchen or toilet was a nightmare. One night my brother complaint that he saw someone standing in balcony.  Shortly after which we changed this house again and went back to Munger.  

I will share more from these places some other time. Those three years in Bihar comes with so many interesting and unforgettable memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...