Sunday, August 25, 2024

Siblings and biases

As a child I never demanded anything 

Never for toys or chocolates or anything 

But my parents trusted me more than my

 brother 

This trust kept growing after my second 

 birth 

They supported me in all my decisions 

Warned me when needed but kept

 supporting me

It was the opposite for my brother 

My parents would question him for all his 

decisions 

Parents think they love all their children 

with equanimity 

But somehow there is a subconscious bias 

for their kids 

It is love that is reciprocated differently 

 based on ability or out of fear of protecting.

Thank God I have only one kid, I need not 

bother if I have this bias.

But with a single child again there is 

another level of bias😜 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...