Thursday, August 15, 2024

Risks that make me question

As we witnessed this latest rape case in Kolkata, I just happened to think of what all stupid, crazy things that I did or we friends did. These are some of my best memories, yet could have been dangerous. I don't regret living these moments but definitely feel no girl should try these because you never know when men around you can turn like beasts.

1 - Before one of my roommates wedding, she wanted to taste alcohol. As she was sceptical about her husband allowing her to do so post marriage. And one night after work we went to a very popular bar near our home. 4 of us but the bar did not had any other girl apart from us. We enjoyed our first gin though it was neither tasty πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚nor made us feel that alcohol had any effect on us. 😫😫  But, it was late in night and a bar filled with men. 

2-  We 4 girls used to go to a near by theatre for late night movies. It used to start at 9 pm and end by 12 AM midnight. We did this couple of times while coming back we had to walk a distance of nearly 1km to reach our home. Thankfully the crowd there never made us feel uncomfortable. More than the movie time in malls .. we enjoyed it here. 

3- I made a friend in Bangalore whom I new through social media. Thankfully he was a good man and we became friends forever. Someone who still keeps in touch and gives genuine advice when needed. 

4- I went around the city with a friend cum colleague on his invite. He showed me.. museums, park.. some great kabab joints and we became friends. 

5- Landed in airport at midnight from 32 hour long journey. To my haste my husband did not answer my call. I was so tired that I could not wait longer and catched a bus to reach home. The safest option bus. My initial thought was he would pick my call by the time I reach my nearest stop. But, my bad luck he did not.. and I ended up walking back home with a big bag all alone in that dark night. I was frightened. 

Thankfully these men never made me feel uncomfortable. They were nice and I found good friends in them forever.  And I am still mad at my husband for his irresponsibility. 😑

But, somehow I feel it wasn't necessary for me or my friends to do such things. We did and found some beautiful memories. Don't know why but was it worth taking such risks?? May be or may not be.. until something terrible happens nobody minds doing such things.  So, who needs to change... Is it the attitude of girls going little out of their way to feel alive?? Yes, risks comes with repercussions if it doesn't end up well. And who knows which accidents are waiting for us in which corner of our life??  

This is a mad mad world, and you never know what madness it can bring to you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...