Saturday, August 31, 2024

Soumya

 Harapriya name the pandit choose 

Sharmistha my aunt proposed

My father picked Soumya 

My mother wanted to name me Suman

But she let it go

Finally they named me Soumya Sharmistha 

My friends till 5th class fondly called me Soumya

I loved my name

My beautiful class teacher in 5th told me Soumya do you know meaning of your name

She said Soumya is another name of Durga

Ohh 😮 I was blushing while hearing this

In 6th class Sister Lalita wanted my father to pick just one name

And he chose to stick with Sharmistha 

Had he asked me I would have selected 

Soumya not Sharmistha 🤪

It was my father's choice Sharmistha so be it

I loved Sharmistha as well

That is equally a beautiful name

My grandmother named me Uma 

And she still calls me Uma which is only reserved for her

I have many names and more than me

My son has dozens of name

That's how we Indians have various names

Is not it ?😊 and I am proud of all these names. ❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...