Thursday, October 3, 2024

Bhakti mode on !!

 Time well spent with the puja at Hyderabad. Here, the festivities are much different than the one from my native. 

Durga Puja in Cuttack is unique for its silver and gold pandals. In Hyderabad it is the Golu dolls display and Bathukama that is flower display. So, today evening spent time listening to Lalita Sahasranama and prayed the way our Telugu people do. I will share photo of Golu tomorrow as I just have a video which I can't put it here now. 

The firsttime I took part in Bathukama goes back to year 2014. We went to Ramoji film City as my youngest brother had come to visit us. For someone like me who never dances that was an unforgettable moment when they asked all the women and girls to participate in that dance. Guess what I danced. May be after my childhood days it was first time that I took part in dance. 

Though the next time I danced goes just back in 2022, for my beloved son. I danced in his annual function. It was ofcourse my friend who pushed me or else me and dance. No way!!  Dancing on stage that too.. but, we should try such things especially for people like me who would shy away. 

Though time and circumstances sometimes don't allow me to try such fun things. But, let me just relive those beautiful days of mine as many times as I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...