Sunday, October 6, 2024

Maa Manasa Devi temple Haridwar!!

 I went to this temple in my 12th std.  It was either the Durga Puja vacation or Winter break we went to Delhi. We visited Delhi, Agra, Mathura, Virndavan, Jaipur and then the last stop was to Rishikesh and Haridwar.

My mom and brother stayed back in Delhi as my brother was not eager to visit these places. My father, me and my youngest brother went to Rishikesh and Haridwar. It was a overnight journey. We went to Ram Jhula, Lakhsman Jhula and enjoyed in banks of Ganga. My father took his holy deep and the water was too cold. River current was also very high. Then we went to Manasa Devi temple. It's located on a hilltop. 



You need to go by ropeway. Thankfully here the ropeway was much better than my last time at Rajgir. All three of us in one cable was good enough and enjoyable. Watching the mountains through the windows and observing the depth we reached Maa Manasa Devi temple. As the name suggests she is the Goddess known for fulfilling all wishes of her devotees. This temple is one of the Siddhpeeth located on Shivalik Hills the southern most mountain range of the mighty Himalayas. 



Here, the Devi originated from the minds lord Shiva.  She is considered the daughter of Shiva. People make wishes and offer bangles to the Devi. And in Prasad they give these bangles to women and girls. I remember the priest gave me two green bangles. I wore it even if it was too larger than the size it would fit me. I don't remember if I made any wish that day or not. 

After coming back from this place we had our lunch and headed back to bus stop. The interesting part was we took a Rickshaw and the Rickshaw puller hit some other vehicle in front of us. The force was so sudden that all of us fell down. My father and brother on left side and I fell to right side. Thankfully it was not a major accident. And luckily there was no other vehicle in high speed at that time. But, my youngest brother was too young and he had hurt his knee. He was crying. Somehow got back to bus and returned to Delhi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...