Sunday, October 13, 2024

Golconda and my memories!!

I was in 11th or 12th when we visited Bangalore and Hyderabad. We spent more time in Bangalore, Mysore, and a couple of days in Hyderabad. On the first day we went to Golconda Fort. 

It was fascinating to see the entrance door where if you clap that can be heard at the main building which lies 3 to 4 km from the entrance. One loud clap that vibrates takes the sound that far. In the old days, if a visitor came visiting, the doorkeeper would clap and it would be noted by someone in the main palace. 



Do we have such technology now?? Interesting isn't it?? I have a habit of thinking about the kings and queens and how their lifestyle would look like in my imagination. No matter which palace or fort I visit I would submerge myself imagining how this place would have looked then. Back then I did that. The long and high steps of this fort and the amount of walking you need to do made my feet swell when we returned. But, yes, it is a magnificent fort with a temple, mosque, and jail. 

There was a singer named Taramati who sang at a distant place known as Taramati Baradari. The wind carried the song to Golconda fort, where a prince heard it. 



Another story says two courtesans named Taramati and Premamati would dance and sing on ropes tied between Golconda and Taramati Baradari and travellers would enjoy it. As a tribute to them both of them Taramati and Premamati got a royal burial at Qutub Shahi tombs. 




Many bats live in present-day Fort and you can hear their sounds in the dark rooms and smell the foul smell that comes out of it. Nevertheless, imagining a royal lifestyle by looking at the baths(hammams) of these royal people is very interesting. 



The second time,I visited Golconda fort in 2011 when my parents visited us again and finally a third time just yesterday to show my son around. 



Back then my feet swell. It was in 2011 that I was able to cover the entire fort without feeling any discomfort. This time I felt so dizzy when I reached the top of the hill near Mahankali temple.  I felt I would fall down. Sat down for some time drank water and then continued my journey. Some of the pictures I share here for you to enjoy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...