Thursday, October 17, 2024

Life during Covid!!

 Here, I share with you my first ever pattachitra trial. It's a painting of my beloved Lord Jagannath. 



I made it during first phase of COVID in year 2020. Unfortunately, had to give up my job. I didn't wanted to and tried my best to get a transfer to my native but didn't get it. 

Things at my home was too complicated, my son was too young and my father had to undergo dialysis. I was offered a managerial role but the condition was to shift to either to Pune or Chennai. Being a new mother this was way too much for me to commit. 

Only my father didn't wish me to leave my job. And ofcourse my in-laws never want me to leave job. 😂 But, I had no one standing behind me to support at that time. Well, life has its own plans which willingly or unwillingly we have to follow. 

I left my job just before COVID started. Had I been in that job it would have given me a WFH even today. But, my purpose in life was something bigger may be, because that is how I want to remember it. 

I was there taking care of my parents when non of my brothers could come and stay there. I supported them in his initial days of Dialysis. I was running between hospitals, medicines, doctor visits and emotionally being present their to support for my parents. It was a tough phase. Both me and my mom had tough time handling a small kid and my father. 

It is definitely yet another blessing in disguise for me. Can a married daughter in India do this? I did it, and ofcourse faced backlash from my in-laws even though they didn't needed me. 

May be my sole purpose in this life is to serve others. If so then why not my parents first. Don't know why people assume that if a married daughter takes care of her parents, she won't serve her in-laws.  From where they get this ridiculous idea, I can't understand. Whatever it may be it's their perception and now I feel if I being a woman can do for my parents, I am not stopping your son to take care of you. Let him do. 

Let it be. Well it happened without even deliberately planning to do so. But, people judge me as per their own nature. That will be there right. All are not so progressive in their outlook even though they claim it or boast it. Which does not go well with me?? 

Thankfully my youngest brother could come back before the 2nd phase of COVID and was there when finally my father had to depart. Those last few months he was too scared to go to hospital. Every day he would make excuses not to go for dialysis. And then the toughest time came when he was not responding well and we were struggling to find a hospital bed for him.

It was a nightmare to see him in that condition and not knowing what and how to find a bed. Finally got a bed after long struggle. And got some relief. After 8 days he left us. It was good that his pain came to an end. How long could he have suffered? And why? It was a Friday, the luckiest day of my father. He was born on Friday. All his good things happened to him on Fridays. I was born on Friday my youngest brother was also born on Friday night. And my father left us on a Friday. 

During this phase to keep my mind calm I did many paintings. It helps in spending some time in peace. Well we three siblings have this creativity in us. 

We need to pursue our hobbies to keep us in good state of mind during difficult phases. Though now I don't find time. I have to focus on other things, as life decides. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...