Monday, October 7, 2024

Sanjeeth !!

 Woke up to a notification that reminded me of Sanjeeth, he was my TL in my first organization. I learnt many things from him. 

Few of his words that I can never forget I will put it here today. He said me once, Sharmistha you are a quick learner does not mean your subordinates will be. Don't expect that from them. 

He suggested me to buy a property in Bangalore as I used to live in PG. I listened to him but couldn't say anything. My family just wanted me to get married first and then do as per my husband's choice. But, he was right. I wished to tell him I am a girl not a boy. This privilege is not in my hand. Today I wish I could have done as he suggested. But that time I couldn't. 

He always used to tell me why are you laughing, if I kept smiling. Why he felt I am laughing I don't know. I always smile no matter what but yes life taught me slowly not to smile like that some people don't even take that in a good way. 

When I first approached for a leave after 6 months of my job, Sanjeeth suggested that don't take it now. And I had obeyed that taking my first leave after 1 year of my job. Whenever I used to ask him for leaves, he would say are you getting married? Why you need 10 days? I should have told him pls drop me to airport at 4 am in morning and I will take 5 days leave. But, I never said that.

I still remember when I informed him of getting chicken pox and he asked me how I am planning to go home. Do I need any help. I remember him calling me to check if I reached my PG safely the day there were several bomb blasts in Bangalore. And I stayed pretty close to the place where a lady died in that explosion. I was not aware of this and was in my cab. When I reached my PG I saw that news. 

Two times I made mistake in my work. And it was because of my excitement to go home. But, I apologized and accepted it immediately to Sanjeeth. He didn't even say a single word to me. That's why we should accept our mistakes as soon as possible. We are human beings, who are prone to making mistakes. But, still that guilt of committing that mistake remained with me for many days. Even today I wish I didn't do that. 

After a few years of joining my second organization, got a shocking news one day that Sanjeeth is no more. He had reached managerial role by then, travelled half of the world. He was very jovial and helping. He had built good network but life had other plans. He got cancer and the operation did not succeed. His parents lost a son at very young age. 

Still the notification every year reminds me of him. Good people go too early. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...