Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sashiko Placemats

Hi Readers,

I am at first thanking to this internet and Google, which enabled me to learn new techinques and tradition in which stitching has been done in other parts of world. Thank to Google or else I would have never known the running stitch as its commonly said in every part is known as Sashiko in Japan.

Never, had thought before what wonders could be made with just the running stitch and geometrical shapes. I most say I am falling in love with this stitching form. I have tried two different patterns on same set of linen to make placemats.

Now, slowly I am heading towards making more Sashiko patterns in different things. So, let me take the pleasure to show you my very first encounter withh Sashiko. Below are few picture of the same.

I am looking forward to your esteemed feedback.





Thanks
Sharmistha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...