Friday, October 19, 2012

Overcome the tendency to worry

Hi Readers,

After a long gap, I am again back with my views. Today, I feel little restless, like most of my usual days. Though, people who stay close to me or well connected with me, might not feel this,however, I myself feel restless most of the time. Something in my mind always creeps in tension. Most of the time, it is useless worry of future, of my life's progress, about my achievements if any.

In midst of all this I sometime feel I am aimless. Or as though I lack a perfect aim to run after. My mind plays games of deciding what could be the future like. What would be my priorities after a year or probably couple of year. Will I be able to fulfill all my duties satisfactorily? Hush.... so many to list out...

Are you also like me, do you think like me... Do you worry like me? I just read a post from a very popular spiritual writer Swami Kriyananda. The title of his article is " Overcome the tendency to worry". Flow with the life, let life decide for you. True, life can by itself decide for us, but in this competitive world, is it really valuable to just flow with life. Will it be a productive year if we let life decide upon us? I am still confused, though the article he wrote was beautifully explained. It was apt for people who worry in spite of achieving a lot.


However, I am still confused. I do not really understand why I am so much confused. When I think about the blessings, I have got many, unlike most of the poor and underprivileged people, I am born with much more, I am blessed to be a part of well cultured and loving family of mine. I got the privilege to study in good institutions and have so many loving and supportive friends. I have so much, still my mind is sometimes not in control of me. I sometimees worry for things that might never happen to me, or probably I could deal with such things more easily when it comes to me.

Worry is a state of mind, in Hinduism this is attributed to one form of Adishakti (Shakti cult). Adishakti has two forms, Vidya and Avidhya. Vidya gives us wisdom and helps us to control our mind. Where as Avidhya is ignorance which leads to attachment and there by making us more worried.

Is this my attachment to the people I love, to things I am attached that I worry so much of loosing them one day. Loosing loved ones, friends and family member is definitely a big lose which can never be recovered with any other material object. However, God has made time, which heals these painful things, not exactly heals but makes us strong enough day by day to bear that unbearable pain in heart.To lead a life without without these precious people without whom we can never think of our future.

I wonder why God created so many complex things, why human mind has aggregated to these complexities of life. Sometimes, less is really good, less worry, less needs and less tension...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...