Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Saket!!

 Today is my son Saket's 7th birthday.  This number 7 has some special attachment with me. He is born on 25th. Today, let me share how positive I was when I had him. 

I used to work in 2nd shift. And I continued working in that shift till his birth. I worked up a diet plan with my nutritionist to work perfectly with my odd timings. And I had to follow that without any deviation. 

Until I was 6 months unto my journey with him, I never shared it with anyone in office. Not sure if anyone sensed it by looking at me but the most amazing thing was girls in my team. Two of my subordinate girls oneday at cafeteria told me with much excitement that you know Sharmistha the other girl in mainframe team is expecting. I kept listening to both of them and asked them how they knew. Then I said, do you see me sitting in front of you. Do you know about me? I was just watching their expressions. Both of them were shocked and took time to even accept the fact. 

I worked till Friday night and Monday was Saket's arrival. Sometimes I feel I could have taken few extra days leave but then it was good to work and not think too much about it. On Sunday night around midnight people in my nearby apartment were dancing as it was Bathukama festival for them. I saw that and felt everything is going to be good and kept myself happy. 

From this post don't just assume that I am lucky. Because ofcourse I am not. Luck never works in my favour but with positive thoughts I just keep going. I have fair share of challenges. Maybe sometimes it's even bigger than it could appear here. But, I am not in a mood to discuss any of them. Maybe someday in future I will share to motivate others. But, right now is not the right time. 

When Saket finally arrived and my doctor informed me. I didn't knew how to react. Sometimes, I just go blank when I actually should be showing so much of my emotions. Nurse brought him to me and I just looked at him and don't know why I didn't feel like touching or kissing him. Though I could not even move my hands but he was so close to my face and I just looked at him with no expression. It happens to me sometimes when I drastically fail to express myself and later keep thinking about it. Whatever it is it's done and gone. 

But he looked exactly like my youngest brother, same pink cheeks and same nose. Same complexion. We three, me my youngest brother and my son look alike. But, when he grows up I am sure he will look more like him and not me. So, be it. 

Time flies so soon. 7 yrs gone already .. 🥰🥰  Oneday he will grow up and will be ready to leave me. I should prepare from now on.. because being emotional I will have to bear that too and I know it won't be easy either. 🥰🥰

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...