Thursday, September 26, 2024

Darjeeling and Gangtok trip!!

 This was the last and final year of my stay in Munger, Bihar. We had shifted to our last 4th house in Mithilesh colony. That was so far a better place. Entire colony was named after our landlord who had so many buildings in that colony. Almost all these houses looked similar and most of it was occupied by bank staffs. 

Infront of my house was my classmate Sumeet's house. Today is his birthday. So, writting about him. He was jealous of me because I had two brothers and he was the only child. He would sit on his balcony watching us play and complain to his mother why he doesn't have a brother or sister?? Lol 😆 His mother came to my house to tell my mom how he is complaining. 😆

He then became friends with my brothers and he was very fond of my youngest brother. Half of the time he would be in my house playing with them. But, we hardly spoke. I would be busy in my own world. Sometimes in class he would ask me about Lulu my youngest brother. 

Then we planned to visit Darjeeling and Gangtok in March before the summer break. It was a picnic like thing because my family, Sumeet's family, one Tamilian family and a Malayali family went for it together(all bank staffs). All of us lived in same colony except the Malayalis. 

The train journey, to our stay in Darjeeling, Visiting rock garden, tea gardens and shopping it was so so good. In a larger group it was even more fun. People of Darjeeling are very beautiful. All have permanent pink cheeks, very long and dense hair, too fair and cute people. Especially watching school kids walking up the hill with a stick in their hands is unforgettable. You should mark their strong legs.

Then we went to Gangtok. It was a rainy day. My youngest brother and the Malayali girl were of same age. They both kept talking about spirits and ghosts. Two of the youngest kids in their kindergarten and talking of ghost stories. It was so much fun and entertaining for all of us to hear that. Next day we went to Tsongmo lake or Changu lake. We were so excited to see snowfall. When we reached there we hired some jackets, boots etc for walking in that temperature. The problem was these shoes didn't fit any of us(kids). The view was ultimate, the lake was completely frozen and looked so so beautiful. But, damn our shoes, snow entered and our feets were becoming so cold because of it. So, we women and kids stayed back at some small shops nearby. Our father's went on their own trip. They enjoyed like anything and didn't return for a long period of time. We were waiting and could only eat some Maggie at that place. People were putting their feets in fire. They asked us to do so but we were scared of burning. So, most of us were in tears or almost in tears because of the cold and our father's not returning soon. 

Someone put snow inside my brothers shirt and he had a real hard time removing it. Finally our father's returned and we came back from that place. 

Years later, Sumeet shares a pic from our trip and asks me if I remember that. Who forgets?? I don't know if someone does but I have a peculiar memory which won't let me forget these kind of experiences. 

Today, I was surprised to find its his birthday. So, I wished him and we talked a bit.  While chatting with my mom.. I told her it's his birthday. She was too curious to know of his kids and all. I knew something is not right with his marriage or relationship. So, I never asked him that question. Why to bother anyone with something unpleasant? But she insisted. So, I asked him finally. And he denied about his marriage. 

In my Bangalore days, Sumeet also stayed somewhere near to my place but this guy never came to meet me. 😂 I met Ashish .. Sumeet's best friend.. I hardly spoke to him in school. In fact I was the most silent girl of my class then. Miss Susheela our class teacher would ask who can sit in silence and whole of my class would point me. I talked to many of my school mates from Bihar only after we started working.. be it Ayush, Manish, Bhaskar apart from a few girls. But, Sumeet didn't speak or came to meet. Lol 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...