Sunday, September 29, 2024

Maa Tarini Ghatagaon

 This temple is located inside forest area in tribal district of Keonjhar.  This is one of the main Shakti peethas in Odisha. And the most amazing part of the Devi is that no vehicle in Odisha would say no to a coconut that is being sent for Maa Tarini. Which ever bus, truck that you see, if you handover a coconut tied in a Red cloth. The driver will accept it and they know it is meant for Maa Tarini. So, they will take it even if they are not going to Ghatagaon. They will transfer it to other vehicles that are travelling in that route. It's a belief that if you say no to coconut meant for Maa Tarini, the vehicle will meet some accident. And also a popular belief that if you send a coconut to Maa Tarini she will remove the obstacle for which you are praying. 



The story behind Maa Tarini is that king of Keonjhar wanted to bring Maa to his place from Puri. So, he does pray to her and she agrees. But, she agrees with a condition that if he turns back she will turn to a stone statue. The king agrees and walks in front and Maa follows him. In this forest area, the sound from her anklet is not audible as mud enters it. After not hearing the sound of anklet for a considerable amount of time, king of Keonjhar turns back to check on Maa. And here she turns to a stone statue. 



I went to this temple in my childhood days probably in std 1 or 2 and then in my engineering third year. Memories from my childhood days remains faint but from my engineering days are still so fresh. It feels like just yesterday how we planned for this picnic and all the fun memories with my batchmates.  One of my batchmate giving me the hard time in that bus journey that I can never forget. Can't really forget how I felt that day and how I wanted to get up and confront this guy, who kept staring at me. But, somehow I controlled myself and thankfully I could do that. It's not good to make anyone feel ashamed infront of whole class and our lecturers too. I wish he could have behaved little mature or atleast would have thought how uneasy he was making me. Then there were other batchmates of mine who were asking me if I am fine. I wish I could tell them pls go and ask this fellow to sit in his place. But, don't know how I kept quiet even though it was making me feel so weird. After several years still I can't forget it though I laugh at it now. 😂😂

Maybe this is how things add upto some fun memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...