Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Rajgir and Nalanda visit

 That train journey from Jamalpur to Rajgir came with lots of surprises. It was in my 6th class probably . It was a long weekend and few Odia families that we used to stay in Jamalpur and Munger planned to visit Rajgir and Nalanda. 

That train was packed. Not sure why we didn't get a proper seat ... I forgot what had happened then. But, I got a seat next to a newly married couple. All of us got different seats wherever it was available in that bogie.

That newly married girl put her hand around my neck and whispered, "Yahan se uth jao nahi toh khub paresan karenge hum". I couldn't understand what she was saying and asked "Kya?" To which she replied, " kya kya bol rahi ho uth jao".. 

I got up and I was the only one standing there apart from my father and uncles. They were telling me to sit in that place and I was angry and mad but couldn't tell them what just happened. 

Finally reached Rajgir and the next day started with so much excitement. We went to Viswa Shanti stupa(world peace pagoda). The only way to reach that mountain top was to go by ropeway. 




Ropeway and at Rajgir..this is the only one probably where you will find a single chair car facility. And it will stop several times in between to reach to the top. The moment it stops one could see how you are hanging above such big mountains. I was too afraid to go in that. So, me and my father went together. Since, the space was so less, going up was horrible. While comming back I came alone and the view was so good. This time I had gained confidence 🤣. 




The stupa at the top was very beautiful and peaceful. We enjoyed fully and then saw Nalanda University ruins and Ajatshatru Fort ruins. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...